Arte Público Press & Latinoteca
Arte Público Press is the nation’s largest and most established publisher of contemporary and recovery literature by U.S. Hispanic authors. Their associated website Latinoteca is based at the University of Houston alonside, Piñata Books and the Recovering the U.S. Hispanic Literary Heritage project providing the most widely recognized and extensive showcase for Hispanic literary arts, history, and politics.
Its imprint for children and young adults, Piñata Books, is dedicated to the realistic and authentic portrayal of the themes, languages, characters, and customs of Hispanic culture in the United States.
The Recovering U.S. Hispanic Literary Heritage Project is a national initiative to locate, preserve and disseminate Hispanic culture of the United States in its written form since colonial times until 1960. It contains hard to find and rare prints, some of which have been digitized.
The website contains the following topics:
• Latino Culture - diverse information on the culture of Latinos in the U.S.
• Latino Arts & Music - Information on the visual and performing arts of Hispanics in the United States.
• Latino History – Information on the history of Hispanics in the United States.
• Hispanic Literature – literature written by Hispanics in the United States.
• Digitized Books – Explore a catalog of relic literature that has been scanned and safely stored to preserve for generations.
• Photo Archives – Discover well-known Latinos in our photo archives catalog.
Para más información: